Bjäre som jag ser det...

... fortsättning

Bjäre home distrikt park - Bjäre Härads hembygdspark

is an open air museum. You will find it near the main road between Båstad and Torekov. In several buildings the museum presents the local history. Here are some of these buildings. More buildings will come….

The buildings

Palmagården – the Palma farm

The farm was originally built in a place called Sönnertorp. In 1853-54, because of an agricultural reform, it was decided that this farm was going to be removed. The log cabin was sold and moved to the Palma farm I Påarp. In 1938 the founder of the Bjäre County Folk Assosiation and the Folk Museum, Mr. Ludvig Nobel, bought the house and moved it to its present place. The central room with the fireplace was used both as kitchen, living room and bedroom. People lived in the Palma farm to the 1930s.

Ågegården – The Åge farm – the first farm

This farm was moved from the village of Boarp, situated close where the buildings of Båstad Golf Club are today. Because of an agricultural reform in Sweden the farmer, Åke Bengtsson, in 1844 moved the farm to its present site. Since the 1950s Ågegården is protected by law as a good example of how farms were built during that period. In the northern and western ranges were stables and barn. Today it is a big hall with café. The southern and eastern ranges still look as they once did and are rather unchanged since the 19th century. Upstairs is a household-exhibition. In the farmyard is a sort of thressing-machine. The source of power was an ox, that walked round and round saving a lot of human power.

Hjärnarpsgården – the Hjärnarp farm

The half-timbered house has been the nothern range in Hjärnarp´s parsonage. The oldest parts are from the 17th century. The Hjärnarp farm was rebuilt in this place in 1969-70. Today it is used mainly for exhivitions. Uppstairs you will find exhibitions about fishing, navigation and prehistoric times. Downstairs exhibitions are arranged during summertime. Here is also a parish-office, where the childhood organ of the famous opera singer, Birgit Nilsson, has its place.

Skorstensgården – the Skorsten farm

A family farm for seven generations.

This farm was one of the farms in a village that has disappeared, called Verjesby. Skorstensgården got its name because it was the first farm in the village with a chimney (= skorsten in Swedish). In 1817 the farm was moved away from the village because of a new agricultural law from 1803. For seven generations this house has belonged to the same family – about 1750-1960. The Bjäre Country Folk Association took care of the farm and rebuilt it on the present site in 1977-79. On the ground floor in the house is a handicraft and textile exhibition and upstairs is a library. In the western barn is a carriage-works-factory. A part of the eastern barn was the home of the older generation. Today it is used for weaving by Flax-gang.

Mor Hectors stuga – The house of Mother Hector

A grocery shop and a school

This house was moved by truck from the center of Båstad to its present site on an early morning in August 1992. The house was built in the 1890´s and was owned by the Hector family. The world famous opera singer Birgit Nilsson inaugurated the house of Mother Hector in 1993. It is used as a grocery shop and an old school.